McHenry County Fair
“Carving Out Our Future”
Tuesday, August 1 – Sunday, August 6, 2017
The McHenry County Fair is a 68 year tradition held in Woodstock, Illinois. At the fair you can see 4-H, Open, and Junior Open livestock and non-livestock shows, educational displays revolving around conservation and agriculture, various vendors from different businesses and organizations across the county, a carnival, and a variety of ground and grandstand entertainment. It is an event for families to come to create summertime memories that last a lifetime.
Ticket Prices at the Gate:
(good for all 5 days of the fair!)
Daily Admission Tickets
(good for one day of the fair)
Adults (13 years and older)………….$8
Seniors (over 60 years) ………………$5
Veterans (with ID)……………………..$5
Children (6 to 12 years old)…………$5
Children 5 years old and under…….Free!
Purchase tickets online for discounts and to skip the lines!
Click below for more info!
Livestock Safety for Kids
2016 Attractions and Grandstands
Tractor Salute to Veterans at 6:00pm
McHenry County Queen Pageant is a free event and begins at 6:30 pm in the Grandstands
This is a competition to select our McHenry County Queen who will represent us all year round at county events and at the state competition.
This year will be the first year we will have a princess competition as well. Come and support your town’s representative in this 68 year tradition.
Family Night Concert is a $5 show in the Grandstands and begins at 7:30 pm
Caroline Kole will be performing beginning at 7:30 pm. She is an up and coming country singer who has been featured on the Horizon on Highway 16 Sirius XM radio and has been an opening act for Reba in Las Vegas.
The Willis Clan will follow beginning at 8:30pm and will perform for 90 minutes. They are a high energy family band of 12 siblings that sing both country and blue grass, play instruments and do Irish Dancing. Be sure to buy tickets early to save your seats!
KTM Motocross race is a $5 Grandstand show and $10 Pit side show that begins at 6:00 pm
Come watch some of the most talented riders in the area try to get the quickest time on the track! This high speed show is a must see for audiences of all ages!
After the Motocross show we will have the band 7th Heaven playing in the Entertainment Tent. This is a free event to enter and will begin around 9:00 pm.
Illini State Pullers will have two shows on Saturday at 10:30 am and at 5:00 pm. Each show will be a $5 Grandstand Show and $15 Pit side show.
Come see modified tractors and trucks, stock trucks, and antique tractors at our annual tractor pulls. This year’s street diesel truck shootout will be a total of 3 hooks for a combined total distance. The first two hooks will take place on Saturday, August 6th at the McHenry County Fair starting at our late morning show and continuing into our evening show. The last hook will take place at the Boone County Fair on Thursday, August 11th at their night show. If you are interested in participating please see ISP’s website for rules/regulations and information on how to enter: Illini State Pullers
After the pulls the Entertainment Tent will be welcoming back Caroline Kole for an evening of country music.
Derby Icon presents two Demolition Derby shows at 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Each show is $5 for Grandstand seats, $10 for Pit tickets ages 8-13 and $20 Pit tickets ages 14 and older.
This is a family fun show that is a McHenry County Fair tradition that
everyone loves! Join in on one of the Demolition Derbies that will
take place this year. Be sure to buy tickets early to save your seats!
At the beginning of each show there is a Kid’s Power Wheel Derby
that anyone with a Power Wheel can enter. If you are interested in
participating in the derby please visit Derby Icon’s website for all
information: Derby Icons
2016 Fair Schedule of EventsClick Here to View the Schedule
Lip Sync Battle
A free fun contest for all ages on Friday, August 5th 2016 at 5:00 pm on the entertainment stage in the 4-H Food tent right next to the Beef Barn. Download the registration form for more information and prizes.
Registration begins at 3:30 pm, but you can skip the lines by registering early!
Fill out the registration form and submit it to the office any time between now and before noon on Friday August 5th to pre-register. This event is sponsored by McHenry County College. Family fun events such as this would not be possible without our sponsor’s support!
Thank you McHenry County College!
Mother Daughter Look A Like Contest
A free contest for all ages of mothers and daughters on Thursday, August 4th 2016 at 5:30 pm on the entertainment stage in the 4-H Food Tent right next to the Beef Barn. See the attached flyer to register and for prizes offered.
Talent Show Contest
Junior Division (Age 14 & Under) Senior Division (Age 15 to 21)
Any individual who is 21 years of age or younger who lives in or attends school in McHenry County is eligible to participate in the contest as an individual performer or in a group act. There is a $6 entry fee for each act to participate in the contest. All entries MUST be at the fair office by Friday, July 29th, 2016. Register online at www.mchenrycountyfair.com or in the office at 11900 Country Club Road, Woodstock, IL, 60098 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday between 8am and 5pm. If this is a group entry ALL members must list their name, address, ages, and birth dates. Make checks payable to McHenry County Fair Association.
Come join us for our first blood drive at the 2016 McHenry County Fair. Heartland Blood Centers will be at the Fair on August 6th from 10am until 2pm. Heartland Blood Centers is an independent, not-for-profit blood center that relies on the support of the community to ensure blood and blood products are available for patients in Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. Thank you for taking the time to save a life through volunteer blood donations
Get Involved with the Grandstands
Are you interested in getting involved in a Grandstand activity? Click on the links below to find information on how to compete in the different shows!
Watermelon Eating Contest
Saturday August 6th at 4:30pm at the Agline Stage
Age Groups: 5 to 10 10 to 15 15 to 20 20 & older
Registration is from 4:00-4:15pm. Prizes will be given to 1st-3rd place in each age group. Participants cannot use their hands. There is a $2 fee to do the Watermelon Eating Contest. Please no checks, cash only.
Rules of the Fair
2. The Board of Directors reserves the right to cancel any and all events and premiums in case of a calamity, storms, or any unavoidable circumstance.
3. The Fair Association is not responsible for loss of, injury to, or damage to persons, animals, or property due to fire, theft, or any other cause.
4. NO DOGS ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS unless approved by the Board of Directors to be used for an act or show.
5. No weapon may be brought to the Fair, at any time, except those permitted to be carried by police officers and those that may be a part of an approved sales display. Definition-Weapons: A knife, except common kitchen and cooking knives, pocket knives with a blade no longer than 3 ¼”, or the knives on a Leatherman type hand tool; devices from which a projectile can be fired, except a tool used for construction or maintenance type activities; electronic devices such as stun guns and Taser guns; firearms of all types and sizes, whether loaded or unloaded; clubs that are not tools; bows, arrows, sling-shots, crossbows, metal knuckles, nunchucks, stars and other similar devices.
6. Picketing or protestors shall only be permitted within a designated area of the parking Class outside of the main gate fence of the fairground activities.
7. All gates will be locked at midnight. No vehicles will be allowed access after 11:00pm. Parking regulations will be strictly enforced. Please cooperate and park in the designated areas.
8. No outside alcohol is allowed on the fairgrounds. All alcohol must be purchased and must remain in the entertainment tent/beer garden. This policy will be strictly enforced. The possession or sale of any liquor or other intoxicants is strictly prohibited. This rule will be rigidly enforced by the officers of the grounds.
9. Fair rules must be adhered to. Infringement of rules or anyone conducting themselves in a disorderly or unsportsmanlike conduct will be brought before the discipline committee and handled accordingly. Premiums maybe withheld.
10. Anyone creating or causing a disturbance shall be removed from the grounds by security.
11. Final Interpretation of the rules will be up to the McHenry County Fair Association Executive Committee.
12. NO REFUNDS FOR ENTRIES MADE AND NOT ENTERED.
13. NO REFUNDS FOR TICKETS PURCHASED AT THE GATES.
14. The McHenry County Fair Association holds an annual County Fair at the Fairgrounds on Country Club Road. In addition to the fair, various individuals, groups and associations hold other events at the Fairgrounds. While some of these events are private, many are open to the public and involve the use of one or more buildings on the grounds. Tobacco use has been determined to contribute to ill health in humans. Tobacco advertising detracts from family events and often attempts to appeal to minors. The Fair Association, through the Board, has an opportunity to create and sustain an environment that supports non-tobacco use through a tobacco-free policy, rule enforcement, and adult-peer role modeling during the fair and other events. Therefore, it shall be the policy of the McHenry County Fair Association to prohibit the use of tobacco use, and tobacco advertising, in various locations of the fair, including buildings, barns and gathering areas as identified in the guidelines below.
15. Tobacco Use Guidelines: The McHenry County Fair Association shall:
- a. Prohibit the use of tobacco in all buildings, barns, grandstands and some other public gathering areas, designating smoking areas within the grounds;
- b. Post signage identifying both areas where smoking is prohibited and where it is allowed;
- c. Prohibit advertising of tobacco products on the fairgrounds,
- d. Prohibit the sale of tobacco on the fairgrounds;
- e. Prohibit the distribution of free tobacco products on the fairgrounds;
- f. Refuse to accept money directly from a tobacco company for sponsorship or prize money;
- g. Extend this policy to other individuals, groups or agencies that rent or lease the property.
- h. This policy is effective the date of passage by the Board of Directors.